This year’s day of hitting ’em long and straight took place on Friday April 12th at a new venue, Admiral Baker’s Club, which we received very positive feedback on. With an increase over the past few year’s total golfers, we had 126 fellow Alumni and supporters tee off on a beautiful sunny San Diego Day.
Some highlights from the tournament included the “Break The Glass”, and “In The Circle” games staffed by ProsForeCharity, in addition to the longest drive and closest to the pin contests. Also, the kegs out on a few of the holes helped loosen up a vast majority of the participants.
Finally the great day was capped off by a very good meal in the clubhouse coupled with a raffle and auction.
The winners from this year’s tournament were:
- 1st place net 69: Ron Folcka ’78 and Jeff Russell
- 1st place gross 64: Greg Wisniew ’88 and Joe Bianchi ’69
- 2nd place gross 66: Joey Morstad ’98 and Billy Morstad ’12
- 3rd place gross 67: Greg Sidlo and Steve Barker
- Putting contest: Tyler Whittaker
- Longest drive: Richard Kolvacheck ’03
- Worst shot: Jared Izidoro ’04
To view pictures from the event, click Here to go to the gallery.